Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hptuners scanner

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hptuners scanner

Quick question...I'm planning on purchasing HPTuners in the near future, and I already know the license structure of the VCM suite with the unlimited 2 platforms...What I'm wondering is the scanner compatible with all vehicles or is it locked to the two platforms like the writing software?

My dad was going to foot the price of autotap as he's seen what it can do when I've borrowed the cable from a friend of mine and he wants access to it himself for the vehicles he owns (but does not own a laptop so the honor gets bestowed upon me). If the scanner can scan multiple vehicles (like autotap's scanner) I was going to tell him to give me the money he would have spent on autotap and I would put it towards the HPTuners since I was going to buy it anyway.

The scanner is probably locked to the two platforms as this only makes sense to do, but if it will scan any vehicle then I get to save a couple hundred bucks on a purchase I am already saving money for. Can someone tell me if this is the case? Thanks.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

scanner is not licensed, you can scan any vehicle we support.

Chris...
Old 08-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Launching!

awesome news, thanks Chris!