Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the main sensors fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the main sensors fuse?

My car just has a stroker motor swap. It didnt idle w/o putting your foot on the gas. But it ran fine for the first few miles, then started sputtering, shakeing, and cutting off. It would come and go, then finially got so bad it got to the point where it does consistantly now and cant even go above idle speed now.

I found a post where a guy has similiar problems and he blew the main sensor fuse. Where is the MAIN SENSOR FUSE located so i can check it out??????

Ok, now my car is only throwing a bank 2 02 sensor code. I found my front 02 extension wires fell ontop of my header but dont appear to be burnt though. They were wrapped in tape and it didnt burn through the tape asfar as I can tell at a glance. But that dosent mean the heat didnt short it out. Im putting an actuall exhaust on the header tuesday and new 02 sensors, as well as check out the main sensor fuse and hopefully fix the problem...

Feel free to throw in your advice but let me know where the main sensor fuse is!!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has it been tuned?
Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prolly referring to the Eng Snsr Fuse (or something like that)

it's under the hood marked as Eng Sensor or something similar... in one of the 2 main fuse boxes under their

if it hasn't been tuned then you probably need tuning, but if it's already been tuned and just started doing this then it's prolly the eng sensor fuse... when this fuse blows it'll also set a bunch of SES lights (MAF, O2 sensors and others are all on this fuse so it's pretty critical)