PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mods = New light

Old 08-22-2005, 06:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Mods = New light

I recently completed H/C swap plus pacesetter longtubes hi flow cats and LS6 intake. I now have a P0157B low voltage B2S2 code. I have done a search on this code and it seems many people have this code, but no real solutions except to elimate from PCM. If I am getting a low voltage code, does that mean I am running lean? would tuning maybe solve this? I have already replaced the sensor, no change. I have also checked for vac leaks, exhaust leaks, and wiring issues, all seem fine. Thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 06:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I don't know anyone that runs cats on the rear, but is it needed? I always just delete the code as the first thing I do on the cars.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:11 AM
FormerVendor

We always delete the code ...no biggie,the rear o2 is just monitering catylitic converter performance.If you are not running any cats I suggest turning of the catylitic over temp table...and keep a eye on those ft...
Old 08-22-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Junkie

The rear O2's won't effect performance, so the common fix is to delete the code.

If you are dead set on fixing it, you might get under the car and inspect all the wiring. Just double check that none of the wiring is rubbing the exhuast.

If everything looks good, swap the B1S2 with B2S2 to see if the problem follows. Reset your codes and go for a few long drives.

If the problem does not follow, unplug the B2S2 and use a volt meter to check wire "C", as labeled on the O2 sensor plug. This wire will show as ground when the key is off, and +12vdc when the key is in the run position. With the key in the run posistion, keep the meter on wire "C" for about 5 - 10 minutes to ensure the power does not turn off.

Check that wire "D" is ground while the key is off and in the run position.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

I am going to have car dyno'd and check A/F ratio see if it is leaning out, if it is a tune is called for anyway, then go from there. I will post my solution when I get one. Thanks all.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Regular

Yes the car was WAAAY leaning out, tuning took care of light.

Search this Thread