Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why am I so rich?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why am I so rich?

I am running an '02 LS1/T56.... the motor is essentially stock with a crappy exhaust and short ram intake. I consistently run around -14 ltft.... why would I run this rich on a stockish motor? The maf screen has been removed, but I have a hard time believing that just that alone would make the car run so rich. I tried running with the MAF off, ltft averaged around -9% with the maf off... and the car seemed to run a bit better, but still rich under cruise, and it seems to be lean under WOT (has not seen a dyno yet). I haven't started to adjust anything because I want to be sure that there is nothing wrong first.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Teching In

thats pretty normal my stock tune on my 04 commodore had fuel trims of -13 when i first started tuning. The first thing you want to do is tune your ve table to get your fuel trims as close to 0 as possible (slightly negative is better).

To do this go into the editor set maf fail freq to 0 to put you into sd mode (its best to do it this way instead of unplugging the maf as some cars have the IAT sensor in the maf and you need that connected). Then go into the scanner and log some driving and adjust your ve based on the values in the histogram
Old 08-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Launching!

hell, just throw on long tubes and watch the trims go positive...

you'll find as you do more and more airflow mods it will really lean you out....although it's odd that you're still that rich with the MAF screen removed???