Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need HELP w/ codes and running sluggish

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP w/ codes and running sluggish

I have a 98 Z28 that is stock except for an air lid. It has 76k. I bought the car a few months ago and it was running rough at all RPMs (especially low RMMSs) and had the SES light on. The car runs a little better at WOT. The previous owner did not know the root cause so I took it to Auto Zone for a free scan. The scan turned up PO131, 137, 151, and 157. These codes refer to low voltage for all four of the O2 sensors. I then decided to replace the front O2 sensors with a set of Bosch O2 sensors. The car then ran much better for about a day or two. The SES light remained on, but I figured that was because the rear O2 sensors were still setting it off. The car ran much quicker for those two days where it actually felt like 300+ HP. Man I miss those two days!!! Soon after though I have the same sluggish car that feels like 220 HP. It runs a little rough at all RPMs. WOT seems to be ok, but still not 100%. I took my car back up to Autozone today and all four codes were back. The guy at AZ suggested some fuel injection cleaner. Does anyone else have any ideas of what I should look at??? THANKS
Old 08-30-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like everyone is having o2 sensor problems lately.

You might want to invest into a scantool so you can get a better idea of what's really going on.

Try cleaning your MAF