Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blower tuning...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower tuning...

hello tuning gurus, i posted this in the FI forum, but i thought i would ask you tuning guys also. maybee you can help me out.

i got my supercharged ls1 dynotuned yesterday and the tuner couldn't do a perfect tune because my water pump for my aftercooler was shot and couldn't cool the air. so basically i was forcing hot, hot, hot air to the motor. he told me that he advanced the timing and when i get a new pump it should be fine. but im alittle scared the tune will not be the best and ill be losing some horsepower, maybee damaging the motor possibly. what do you guys think? will it be ok? he told me he could only run one run on the dyno cause the car was getting too hot. so i don't know what to do? can i some how hook my car up to a program and check the #'s or do i got to pay 500 bucks for another tune?

thanks

Brian
Old 09-01-2005, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

He got one pull on your car? Did he charge you $500 for one pull? Who was it? If I were him (pending more info from you), I would work a deal with you since you didn't get anything done?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
He got one pull on your car? Did he charge you $500 for one pull? Who was it? If I were him (pending more info from you), I would work a deal with you since you didn't get anything done?

no he didn't charge me 500 he cut it to 340. but still i don't feel satified i want a perfect tune, so i can have peace of mind, that my car is running perfect, you know what i mean? but i might just try to get the pump fixed and maybee give him a call and see if we can work something out. can the differences in hot and cold air change a tune alot? or is it not worth worrying about?

Brian
Old 09-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

what would you guys do? can the temps of the supercharged air change alot of the tuning or should i not even worry about it? i know nothing about tuning so i just relying on you guys to help me in any way possible.

Brian
Old 09-05-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Air Temp

Yes the Temp of the air intake will vary the A/F ratio, Hot air will usually make it run richer, at least this is better than running lean especially in a supercharged application, Do you know what the full timing was at WOT??
Old 09-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Yes the Temp of the air intake will vary the A/F ratio, Hot air will usually make it run richer, at least this is better than running lean especially in a supercharged application, Do you know what the full timing was at WOT??
yea so when i get my water pump fixed, its gonna have cold air going into the motor, and im scared im gonna lean the motor out and have a big problem on my hands. thanks for the info, no i don't know what the timing was at WOT. i think after i get my pump fixed ill give the tuner a call and see if he can adjust a few things.

Brian