Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another code 6 - HPPIII - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another code 6 - HPPIII - Help!

Well, I recieved a code 6 from my programmer.

Programming WAS interrupted.

It has shut down my fuel system. Fuel pump wont kick in, fuel tanks reads empty...it cranks but no juice.

I tried the PCM reset by pulling the 2 fuses, but no go.

Any help to DRIVE IT OFF the track?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can find someone w/an HP Tuners for your model/year or someone w/a TechII they *may* be able to reflash (depends on what car you have... would be useful if you gave us some details like model and year) ...

If it's a 98 then it's a little more risky... if it's a 99+ depending on where the programming was interrupted it may be recoverable... but if the HPP3 will no longer connect to program then there's nothing you can do at this point... you need an HPT or Tech II to try to recover...
Old 09-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
if you can find someone w/an HP Tuners for your model/year or someone w/a TechII they *may* be able to reflash (depends on what car you have... would be useful if you gave us some details like model and year) ...

If it's a 98 then it's a little more risky... if it's a 99+ depending on where the programming was interrupted it may be recoverable... but if the HPP3 will no longer connect to program then there's nothing you can do at this point... you need an HPT or Tech II to try to recover...
Its a 2001 Bird

I'm in the military, stationed overseas in Germany...kinda hard to find someone to match with But I will ask around....how much does a dealer in the states charge to reflash? I know it will be a bit more here..might even have to wait since euro spec cars PCM might be a little different

thanks for any help!