Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque Management

Old 09-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torque Management

I have a 2005 Silverado with the 5.3 HO Vortec V8
I love the truck other than the torque management (weak shifts, no immediate power, etc)
.. I have the new 2005 LS1 Truck Definition File for TunerCat, I was wondering what I would have to do to eleminate the torque management... I understand that torque management is just pulling timing and the lower shift tables, but I am brand new to tuning, so I dont know what to tweak or how far to go, etc.

All help is appreciated,
Thanks
Alex
Old 09-07-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel your pain. I have HPtuners for my truck and plan to dive into that issue as soon as I get my car dialed in. That torque management sucks! It is a shame that my truck won't roast them at all. It should light up those skinny tires all day.

I also am not a fan of the ETC. I still think its slower than a regular cable, but maybe deleting some TM will help.

edit: I am not too familiar with TunerCat, but I have been told NOT to eliminate all the torque management in our trucks or drivetrain problems down the road may happen. FWIW I plan to take about 50% of the TM out.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Launching!

I got a 2000 and had a custume tune done on my truck were they actually retune the whole computer. I took out 85% of TM and they just left it where it really needs it. They also adjusted the fuel tables and timing and whatever. I noticed an incredible increase in the truck. It roast the tires bad now. So bad that now i cant hook up at all on the track. I run a 9.532 @77mph on the 1/8th on a 95* day. It doesnt seem too rough on the truck durring shifts at all even with spraying the truck during shifts.

Jon
Old 09-08-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

If you are going to leave the trans stock, then removing up to 50% of the Trans TM would not hurt. To remove more or all of it requires beefing up the trans such as corvette servo, billit servo, accumulators, shift kits, etc. With the HD drivetrain in the trucks, 4x4, weight, etc, you are putting more strain on the trans than if you had a corvette, F body, etc.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Teching In

So, how would I go about removing 50% of the TM... Can anyone give me a .cal file from theirs that has had TM lessened

Thanks

Search this Thread