Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running with o2 sensors...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running with o2 sensors...

I had my car in the exhaust shop today and got it home to find out that they did not put the o2 sensors into the bank 2 pipe. Am I ok to drive like this? The car has been trending ~-10% or so LTFTs.

Another quick question, on bank 1 it looks like the o2 sensor is in the manifold... should this be the case on bank 2 as well? I did not get under the car to see if the second o2 sensor does, in fact, mount into the manifold.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:56 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Originally Posted by Hocky
I had my car in the exhaust shop today and got it home to find out that they did not put the o2 sensors into the bank 2 pipe. Am I ok to drive like this? The car has been trending ~-10% or so LTFTs.

Another quick question, on bank 1 it looks like the o2 sensor is in the manifold... should this be the case on bank 2 as well? I did not get under the car to see if the second o2 sensor does, in fact, mount into the manifold.
Both front O2's need to be mounted for the engine to function well. If you're talking about the post cat sensors, they have nothing to do with how the engine runs, MOL, but will set the SES light. I recommend you get your self under the car and inspect if you have questions about the install.
Details woud be good....did you have headers installed or are you running stock manifolds/cats? If stock w/cats they would have had no reason to remove the pre cat sensors....
If you had an ORY installed with stock manifolds you just need the front O2s and O2 sims or tuning for the post cat O2 sensors.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

The rear o2s are gone... the car is on stock manis into dual 3" pipes.

I guess my question is more of with an o2 sensor not functioning, does the ecu just default to open loop full time and base fuel on the ve table?