Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help with rpms staying up at 45 mph clutch in

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need some help with rpms staying up at 45 mph clutch in

from what i understand FTC 5 is low load part throttle. if i am going down the road, throw in the clutch, the rpms will hang at about 1500 and stay in FTC 5. when comming to a stop its ok they go back down but when im moving the rpms are too high. i looked through all my throttle cracker and follower tables and nothing in there that was changed should effect the driving at those speeds, its all at 0 mph of under ~6 mph. i did an idle log right after that when i got to the house and the idle trims were off a little bit but nothing bad, the stit were -.40 and the ltit were +.40. i dont see why they were like that and didnt come closer earlier.

so is there any table i can adjust to get the rpms down when i put the clutch in? or do you guys think its just the screwy airflow? onlything i can come up with is drive it how it is and let everything average out, maybe the computer remembers some shitty data from a cold start with oil temps down and threw this off? any suggestions?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try reading up on my last post in this thread, fixed my rpm hanging problem!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/365358-rpms-come-down-too-slow-rev-isnt-fast-i-like.html
Old 09-08-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

i know my idle airflow settings are pretty good, if anything the rpms would want to dip too low because the trims are saying it needs more air.

as i was comming to a stop the ltit were at +0.50, the max, and then as soon as the rpms got down in the idle range the stit wentn -.45 and the ltit started to drop. i dont understand how or why that could happen really. anyone care to explain?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

just another thought, i took my block off plate for the ram air off and its wide open now. would that extra airflow contribute to this possibly?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hhmmm...good question I'm not sure!

-----------
just another thought, i took my block off plate for the ram air off and its wide open now. would that extra airflow contribute to this possibly?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

haha, i guess ill find out tomorrow after going for a ride. im gonna try a few things and hope it works. its kinda weird how its doing that. i thought the car was doing good and then my dad said when he was changing gears the rpms would hang up

what i am thinking is my adapt idle underspeed time was too low. this allowed for the stit to change too fast and remember faulty data keeping the iac motor open too far. hope itll work, we will see