Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did search, still need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 09:35 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Did search, still need help

I did an Idle learn on my tune after the HC swap. I thought it idled a little high when in gear (about 575rpm) so I disconnected the PCM and Batt and tried again (not thinking the IAC controlls this duh) Now I get a ses light before it will learn the idle, and its the TPS code. I would think the IAC was the culprit?? I can reset it and it will stay off a while, but it wont learn the idle. When its cold it starts fine, and after you get it to idle its fine, but if you start it warm its a PITA to keep it running for about 30 sec- 1 min. Is there any way to check the TPS and/or IAC. Or other opinions?? I dont have any scanning equipment, but a bud has a predator for checking codes. Thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

I don't a shop manual handy but I would throw an ohm meter on the TPS output and see how it measures up against the specifications.

I understand that with a head/cam (H/C) swap the idle air may have to adjusted by drilling a hole in the TB (throttle body) butterfly. Do a search on this for particulars.

The other thing to try, if the TPS checks out, is adjusting your timing at idle, advancing it a little.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

is the ses light p0121
Old 09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redmist
I don't a shop manual handy but I would throw an ohm meter on the TPS output and see how it measures up against the specifications.

I understand that with a head/cam (H/C) swap the idle air may have to adjusted by drilling a hole in the TB (throttle body) butterfly. Do a search on this for particulars.

The other thing to try, if the TPS checks out, is adjusting your timing at idle, advancing it a little.
If you do need more air flow, don't drill your TB blade. There is a really handy set screw you can adjust to get the same effect.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Yea, I had it for a little while, so I'm not going to drill the TB.

BTW that Flux Capacitor you got, is it the adjustable one, or the fixed one??
Old 09-09-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

It's just a really freaking big one!