Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car hesitates @ lower rpms....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car hesitates @ lower rpms....

It started last night...between idle and 2-3k car would hesitate then starts going smooth....sounds like I have a 2 step between 2-3k rpms....just hooked up tech 2 and got me dtc's p0300 random misfire, p1133 Ho2s Insufficient switching B1 S1, p1153 Ho2s Insufficient switching B2 S1....checked my misfire history and I have bout 3,000 misfires on cylinder # 1...the rest of the cylinders have like 3-5 hundred misfires in the history....monitored cylinder # 1 on misfire data and I would get bout 50 misfires to 3k then clears...the rest of the cylinders has zero misfires...So Imma pull out my plug/wire and check whats up...

anybody had a similar problem?
Old 09-09-2005, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

COIL, Fuel injectors??.. I have the exact same problem that exact rpm range and even from around 5k. though i haven't been able to check my codes, but when figuring out what was wrong i did, new MSD SC spark plug wires, new NGK spark plugs, new Fuel Filter, put in a secondary fuel pump. no changes what so every. fuel pump made it worse by adding 10-12 more PSI of fuel pressure..

i have 38lb@43.5psi Lucas fuel injectors
on the car they're should be scaled up to a 44.2@59PSI and they were
so how did i fix the hestitation
i scaled the Fuel injectors down to 38lb@59psi
that of course was before the fuel pump install which just made it worse b/c i thought made fuel pump was going out. nope.
So i had to Scale it down to a 36lb@70psi
(note : these should be at 48.2@70psi & 44.2@59psi)
So now yes my hesitation is gone but now my car runs extremely rich and i'm having trouble leaning her out or she'd run rich in a certain area and if i lean it out to much she start hesitating. so i have come to the conclusion that i now have faulty fuel injectors...
Old 09-09-2005, 04:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the electrical side doesn't pan out you might
check for a single runner vacuum leak (like the
front intake manifold bolt got loosened up or
something). Since you can log, swapping #1
and #3 injectors would indicate an injector
problem plainly enough. But I'd leave that for
last, the actual "wet work".
Old 09-10-2005, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

thanks

the 02's were the culprit.....logged on tech 2 and monitored s1 b1 and readings stayed @ 5-8 mv...compared it to b2 s1 where it was fluctuating normally, I also flush my injectors this morning w/ the BG cleaner....replaced it w/ a borg warner 02 sensor ($100.19) car runs good now...no more freaking hesitating....thanks for the advise drew (blue SS)...was into thinking so deep that I thought it was the dayum valve springs....

hooked up tech 2 on my buds firebird and got some knock sensor codes....4* @ WOT....anybody had similar probs? remeber reading GMHT bout the knock sensors on 98-99 cars having bad KS....