Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Won't Start Th400 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Truck Won't Start Th400 swap

I finally got sick of blowing 4l60e's. I did the search on the tuning part and said I had to change PRNDL to false. I did this but the truck still indicates it's in 2nd which I believe is why it won't let me start it. Any ideas on how to fix this I unplugged and let it reset itself hoping it would go away with no luck. All help is appreciated.

Also, I am using HP tuners .

Marc
Old 09-22-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

ttt I really need help here guys.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What software are you using? It is best to set the program as a manual trans if you use an aftermarket non 4l60 trans. Also, the 2nd gear is not the problem. You more than likely have a prndl switch in the car not giving the ok for the body control modual to allow the starter to crank. that setting in the computer has nothing to do with that problem you are having.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wait4me
What software are you using? It is best to set the program as a manual trans if you use an aftermarket non 4l60 trans. Also, the 2nd gear is not the problem. You more than likely have a prndl switch in the car not giving the ok for the body control modual to allow the starter to crank. that setting in the computer has nothing to do with that problem you are having.
Using hp tuners I turned prndl to false and turned off all auto tranny codes. The prndl switch has been totally disconnected. It was mounted on the side of the truck's tranny and thats was obviously removed. Anymore ideas ?