PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why tune the VE table Maf-less??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why tune the VE table Maf-less??

Hi,
I been doing seaching and more searching, and have read various procedures for tuning the VE using the LTFT's and STFT's in SD mode.
Then, after you get your LTFT's / STFT's close to zero, if you connect the mAF back, you then have to correct the mAF table to compensate for it.
My question is, if you plan on running the car with the MAF and not staying in SD mode, why can you not just tune your VE table with the MAF connected?
Seems it would eliminate a step?
Sorry I been trying to get a good understanding of how to tune, and it seems to get so complicated so quick, I just want to simplify the process to where i can make it easy enough for a dummy like me to get a decent tune.
I'm also using ATAP and LS1edit, which seems probably makes it much harder than having some good software like EFILive or HPT, unless you know and understand Excel, which I don't.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

because the computer uses a mix of both the MAF and the VE table not just one or the other.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Well, let me ask this, then.
Once you get the VE table dialed in, in SD mode - is there a simple way to tune the MAF in?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Use EFILive or wait for hptuners 2.0 and a wideband is your best friend. I put an LC-1 in my car and worth every penny. I was pulling my hair out trying to use the fuel trims.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T/A rocker
Well, let me ask this, then.
Once you get the VE table dialed in, in SD mode - is there a simple way to tune the MAF in?
yes. VE tune in SD mode. once your trims are within reason, reconnect the maf, if you go way rich or lean, thats in indication your maf table needs adjusting. There's many ways to do it. The most basic way is a general increase or decrease of the maf table. Say + or - 5% for example.