PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FI & stock PCM tuning ... What am I getting into?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FI & stock PCM tuning ... What am I getting into?

I am in the process of building my 402 with an F1R. I want to get good street/strip tuning using the stock PCM. How much trouble am I getting into? Which is preferred EFI-Live or HP-Tuning? I would like to keep the MAF sensor for streetability and reasonable fuel economy. Comments, opinions, and info are welcome.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It can and has been done on HPtuners 2+3 bar tuning programs. I personally would not want to use the stock computer for such tuning and would rather use the stock computer for timing and other functions but use another unit for fuel control. I am using HPtuners and Megasquirt. There are quite a few cars and trucks using this combo and Parish has taken it to 1011 rwhp.

Greg
Old 09-23-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

I am using the efilive custom operating system in my 408 f2r camaro. Using their software, i set up a PERFECT tune from start to finish in 4 tunes. Im running from 18 to 22 lbs of boost depending on the weather. The first Tune was to get it to idle right and set up for the 90lb injectors, The last three where for the Autotuning function and max out timing for my aplication. With efilives free operating system upgrades, At any lb of boost the engine is exactly setting where the fuel and Timing reduction where i want it to be all the way up to 30lbs of boost.. The stuff you can set up and auto filters via efilive are awsome.

People who buy the efilive software thru me get there cars tuned. You just have to come to me. It would be a 2 hour drive for you.. MAybe we can have a little race when we are done? hee hee...
Old 09-24-2005, 03:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wait4me
I am using the efilive custom operating system in my 408 f2r camaro. Using their software, i set up a PERFECT tune from start to finish in 4 tunes. Im running from 18 to 22 lbs of boost depending on the weather. The first Tune was to get it to idle right and set up for the 90lb injectors, The last three where for the Autotuning function and max out timing for my aplication. With efilives free operating system upgrades, At any lb of boost the engine is exactly setting where the fuel and Timing reduction where i want it to be all the way up to 30lbs of boost.. The stuff you can set up and auto filters via efilive are awsome.

People who buy the efilive software thru me get there cars tuned. You just have to come to me. It would be a 2 hour drive for you.. MAybe we can have a little race when we are done? hee hee...
That would be nice, but I am assembling the car here in Germany. When I get to tuning I will give you a call for advise. Thanks.