Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Intake and AFR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 Intake and AFR?

I have been thinking of poutting a LS6 intake on my 5.3 motor. It has cam and heads and has been tuned on the dyno. Would putting the LS6 intake on my truck change my AFR at all?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, it will lean it out across the board, so unless you're tuned a bit on the rich side, it could be a bit on the dangerous side.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
yes, it will lean it out across the board, so unless you're tuned a bit on the rich side, it could be a bit on the dangerous side.
OK i wasnt sure what would happen because i read in a chevy high performance when they did a power comparison on the different intakes they didnt really see a difference in numbers, HPWR wise. I just wasnt sure what would happen.How much leaner would it make it? Im at 13.5:1-13.0:1 now
Old 09-25-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're already pushing it, you want it retuned. the FAST intake is really fantastic as flow goes, so you really want the engine to take full advantage of it's capabilities. also, if you get a bigger TB, you will have a bunch of other tables to alter in the process of tuning anyway. Find someone with tuning software, you can get it done in 30 mins if they know what they're doing.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
you're already pushing it, you want it retuned. the FAST intake is really fantastic as flow goes, so you really want the engine to take full advantage of it's capabilities. also, if you get a bigger TB, you will have a bunch of other tables to alter in the process of tuning anyway. Find someone with tuning software, you can get it done in 30 mins if they know what they're doing.
Well I am currentlly using my own tuning equipment with Hp Tuners. But, I am Only running with 5.3 motor, i know that the FAST intake would be a waste of money.