PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would this idea work, and if so, how would I set it up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this idea work, and if so, how would I set it up?

Hi folks.

I'm pretty new to tuning, so if my question is pathetic.. sorry.

I have HPtuners V1.70 with the enhanced I/O interface. I also have an Innovate LC-1 wideband monitor with the gauge. Could I plug the serial output from my Innovate wideband into one USB port, while plugging the VCM reading cord into another USB port? How would I setup HPtuners to take a serial input from another device?

Has anyone tried this? I'd rather avoid hooking up the I/O connection directly to the wideband output if I can avoid it. I've got all my wires tucked away, and my serial in/out wires are tucked under my driver's seat.

My instincts tells me this probably won't work.

Any help would be appriciated.

Matt
Old 09-28-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can do that, but not log the 2 together, just connect the 2 together, to be be able to use the EIO to its maximum ability.

Ryan
Old 09-28-2005, 09:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

with EIO you can hook up any 4 inputs that have a 5v maximum
and there are 2 Programmable outputs that can be used to send out to any device...
meaning that you can read input and send it right back out to a guage if you want to
and unfortunately you could log both if there wasnt a device conflict(and there is a high probability of that)...but your smartest thing is to just make it go to EIO first and then go out of teh Programmable 5v output to the lines for teh LC1 guage...and just use a quick connector of some kind so when you wante to log in HPT you could...and when you want to go only to the guage you just connect the 2 connector together

hell.find a switch to change from position 1(hpt EIO) to Position 2(guage only) and it can all stay tucked up nice and neat except for a tail to go to EIO when you need it