Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners and Superchips partnership

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 09:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuners and Superchips partnership

Valencia, Calif., September 30, 2005 - HP Tuners LLC today announced a strategic agreement with Superchips Inc. of Sanford, Florida. The agreement aims to deliver highly advanced custom tuning solutions to racers and enthusiasts alike. This new association will marry the most powerful tuning software available in the industry, HP Tuners' VCM Suite, and the best selling handheld programmer in the world, the Superchips FLASHPAQ and MAX MicroTuners. Full details below:

http://www.hptuners.com/pr-hpt-sc.html

We are all extremely excited for what the future holds.

The HP Tuners Team.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

does that mean we are very close, 2.0????????????????????
Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 PM
FormerVendor

yes. In regards to 2.0 we have had to make some slight hardware and corresponding software changes to accomodate future development plans. We couldn't say why at the time, but now you know.

Chris...
Old 09-29-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

so sells will be going through superchips? so how is all this going to work? will you guys be offering hard core programming for all the stuff they support?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

The details of all that will come in the future.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:34 PM
FormerVendor

Actually, i can expand a little more since you edited your post

Part of the plan is to take VCM Suite across platforms such as Ford and Dodge. The big picture being a seamless and connected offering from handheld thru to tunershops.

Further details will be released in lead up to and at SEMA.

Chris...
Old 09-30-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent guys! Definately, HPTuners and Superchips will be cornering the market for years to come.

So can I now go tell my Ford buddies about HPTuners and let Dodge owners know as well?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
So can I now go tell my Ford buddies about HPTuners and let Dodge owners know as well?

Yes. (Unless you don't want any competition at the track )
Old 09-30-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Very interesting,

What kind of dodge support will you guys have?

Ryan
Old 09-30-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm. Maybe getting that Charger R/T is a better idea now that I could tweak it !!!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know superchips is big w/ the Ford Powerstroke so does this mean you guys will have vcm suite for diesels? I'm sure many people would love this!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Will you offer support for 1987 Peugeots? I'd like to tune my lil brothers car!

This is awesome news... many of us (well not myself) own multiple vehicles and they aren't necessarily all GM ... Being able to tune an F-Body, then going over to my buddies cobra and tune his car would be sweet!
Old 09-30-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

I had a Superchip for my duratec V6 in the mid 90s. It worked as advertised. Sounds like 2 good companies coming together. good luck
Old 09-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Launching!

I hope HPTuners doesn't get watered down in the Bureaucracy of a larger company. Hopefully your agreement still gives you guys full control of your products and doesn't try to cuff you in anyway due to "product overlap" or some crap like that. Keep it real guys and don't let money go to your heads, it happens all too often here. Good luck and congradulations! Just forget the guys who supported your product and help you get to where you are now.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Neither company owns the other, so the politics of one will not spew over to the other. Superchips and HPTuners are basically teaming up to smash the competition, while enhancing their product support.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
Neither company owns the other, so the politics of one will not spew over to the other. Superchips and HPTuners are basically teaming up to smash the competition, while enhancing their product support.
they should change their slogan...hptuners crushing the competition
Old 09-30-2005, 06:20 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the kind words guys. The partnership is off to a great start but its mostly behind the scene's activity for now. I don't think bereaucracy is high on anyone's agenda at the moment but i will say that Superchips brings a huge amount of experience in a lot of area's we were just coming to grips with, mostly in the product sales and distribution area as they (and their parent company MSD) have been doing it on a very large scale for years now.

The most exciting thing and probably the basis of the whole agreement is the amazing alignment of both our longer term strategies and the complimentary nature of our existing product lines. It is really easy to move forward when very few things are in question. Combined with the fact the Superchips guys are an awesome group, we don't see anything but good times ahead.

I'll try to answer as much as possible but in terms of new product announcements we won't be saying too much, but it really doesn't take much thought to see the first few obvious moves

Chris...
Old 09-30-2005, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AgentOrange
I hope HPTuners doesn't get watered down in the Bureaucracy of a larger company. Hopefully your agreement still gives you guys full control of your products and doesn't try to cuff you in anyway due to "product overlap" or some crap like that. Keep it real guys and don't let money go to your heads, it happens all too often here. Good luck and congradulations! Just forget the guys who supported your product and help you get to where you are now.
I was thinking along these lines too AgentOrange
Old 10-01-2005, 03:51 AM
Teching In

Under the agreement, Superchips becomes HP Tuners exclusive worldwide distributor.

Just what everyone needs HP Tuners on a hand held programmer. I can't imagine that is what the market is dying for there is so much Chevrolet stuff already.
I remember the SCT Ford stuff was real cutting edge with all the publicity they were getting with all the advertising it seemed real good at first now there customer service has degraded, electronics don't work when they send them out but there is not alot of competition on the Ford side.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gameover
yes. In regards to 2.0 we have had to make some slight hardware and corresponding software changes to accomodate future development plans. We couldn't say why at the time, but now you know.

Chris...
Congrats! Is 2.0 still going to be a free upgrade for those of us who purchased 1.x within the time frame previously posted?
Thanks
Chris