Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tuners "cable not found"

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP tuners "cable not found"

i am having trouble hooking up my cable for HP tuners, it is telling me cable not found. i tryed re loading my software for serial to usb converter and it did not work. i even bought a new one and still no dice. can anyone help me out? it used to work fine until i had to re format my hard drive due to some viruses. i am currently using 1.7.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the cig/accsy fuse inside the car.... or plug smething into the cig lighter, if it doesn't work your fuse is blown
Old 10-21-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

well this thing is still not working. i emailed keith ar hp tuners but he has not returned my emails. i also tried a different laptop and did not have any luck. can some give a brother some some help or pass this on to some one at hp tuners?
Old 10-21-2005, 10:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I don't see any e-mails from you, but you really need to e-mail support for the fastest response in regards to support issues.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by algws6
well this thing is still not working. i emailed keith ar hp tuners but he has not returned my emails. i also tried a different laptop and did not have any luck. can some give a brother some some help or pass this on to some one at hp tuners?

Try a new serial cable. They seem to take the most abuse from tugging and bending.
You can find one at any Radio Shack / Best Buy. Make sure it's not a "null modem" or "crossover" type cable.

-Ken
Old 10-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Naked AV

There is an issue with some of the black boxes being defective. HPT should be able to tell you if your box is one of the defective ones by the serial number. I had the same issue and it was a bad box. Got the new one and the issue is resolved.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Naked AV
There is an issue with some of the black boxes being defective. HPT should be able to tell you if your box is one of the defective ones by the serial number. I had the same issue and it was a bad box. Got the new one and the issue is resolved.
only for eio interfaces i believe. most likely its the serial usb adapter. try using something else to hook it up to. or change the serial cable like ken recommended. that worked for me.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:17 AM
Naked AV

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
only for eio interfaces i believe. most likely its the serial usb adapter. try using something else to hook it up to. or change the serial cable like ken recommended. that worked for me.
Perhaps, I do have the EIO unit.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Yeah, there was an isolated EIO recall last March for a serial number range which may experience the problems. I received the notice, but due to the random timeframe to receive the replacement I never sent mine in. Now it appears to not connect at all, so I'm hoping the replacement offer wasn't a limited time offer.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
Try a new serial cable. They seem to take the most abuse from tugging and bending.
You can find one at any Radio Shack / Best Buy. Make sure it's not a "null modem" or "crossover" type cable.

-Ken
ken, do you have a brand of adabter you recomend? i bought another cable at bestbuy and it still did not work. also, i am going to send you my cable to ugrade it for a wideband would it be possible to change one of the vehicles on my cable?
Old 10-22-2005, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

i had similar issues i would have to go to the scanner and connect it and then go back to editor to flash don't know if thats normal because with the other laptop we have no issues. might want to try a computer that you don't have to use the adapter on.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

keith or ken can you guys help me out?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:25 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

one of the "issues" I haev seen that is a common problem... is when you already have the scanner open, and it is connected, and you try to write a file from the editor....it wont find the cable. the way the software works is that it dedicates the cable interface to the software for a more reliable conection...so if you forget to disconnect your scanner(and sometimes you neeed to close the log too) then teh flash portion of the editor will tell you that the cabl is not connected because the scanner has locked access to itself for reliability reasons.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by soundengineer
one of the "issues" I haev seen that is a common problem... is when you already have the scanner open, and it is connected, and you try to write a file from the editor....it wont find the cable. the way the software works is that it dedicates the cable interface to the software for a more reliable conection...so if you forget to disconnect your scanner(and sometimes you neeed to close the log too) then teh flash portion of the editor will tell you that the cabl is not connected because the scanner has locked access to itself for reliability reasons.

no its not that, i have only been tried using one program at a time. someone help me out please. i have emailed magnus again and let see if he can help me out.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by algws6
no its not that, i have only been tried using one program at a time. someone help me out please. i have emailed magnus again and let see if he can help me out.

You need to email support @ hptuners.

If it turns out to be a harwdware problem then we can give you instructions on how to send it in for repair/replacement. With a less than 1% hardware failure rate, we are more than happy to fix one if something goes wrong

Don't worry, we have you covered.

-Ken