PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why would a car stumble during acceleration?

Old 10-13-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Question Why would a car stumble during acceleration?

Installed a y-pipe on a friends car. Few days later friend dropped his car off for me to look at. I drive it and immediately under little acceleration it stumbles like it isnt getting enough gas. Had Autozone scan the thrown codes and they got misfire #8 and low voltage maf. So what can it be? Could the plug wire be bad? Something with the maf? Please only respond if you know what you are talking about, no guessing please.

EDIT: Bad plug wire, fixed it.

Last edited by PSYKOZ28; 10-14-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take a shot. Clean the MAF first, making sure its clean from K&N Oil or any dirt and debris, which will skew the MAF report badly. A faulty maf can make the car stumble, running it in SD mode, which is generally setup to be "safely" rich. Rich will make you stumble! Misfire #8, pull the wire, making sure it was on two clicks on the coil, one on the plug, then make sure the plugs cap is screwed on tight, and finally make sure the plug is good. It may be heavily carboned up, from running rich, but that can be blown off with a healthy WOT blast once the MAF is good, and the misfire fixed. I just worked on my buddies car, and #6 was misfiring badly. The cap was loose, so a turn with a pair of pliers and reinstalled the wire, correctly, and it was fine. GL,

Charlie

Search this Thread