PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resetting PCM? / Car will run better??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Resetting PCM? / Car will run better??

I had read that your computer will tune itself around your own driving style. Is there any truth behind this?

I drive my car pretty easy, if not really easy. Does that mean i should go pull a fuse and reset the PCM before i go to the track? I mean i trap 104mph, and thats with lid, catback,SSRA, and a shift kit. ( I know that the kit shouldnt help in mph....) I think thats kinda low.....

Basically what i want to know is, will resetting me PCM and then romping the car for like 20 miles tune it for power? Didnt know if there was any truth behind this, so again i turn to the vast knowledge of LS1 tech.....thanks in advance fellow gearheads.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, it won't tune itself to your driving style. It will learn fuel trims and idle trims, but that won't help you unless your fuel trims were off and weren't learning back where they needed to be.

What you could try is resetting them immediately before a quarter mile run, but you're just as likely to go slower as you are faster.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks....personally, id'e say it is not true, but, at the risk of sounding stupid, i thought ide ask anyway. Besides, i dont think i could romp the car anyway for 20 miles.... Just the occasional strip pass does me fine.