Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Missing

I added a set of long tubes and I am currently running open with a small dump tube. I've got my a/f @ idle ~15:1, same with cruise. I've had this setup for a while and I've always had a small misfire at idle... especially after the car has idled for a while. It is odd, it seems to have no correllation with anything. I've changed timing, afr, temperature... the miss just randomly starts happening. It isn't a steady miss, either, just sort of random. Each time I hear it miss, the afr jumps about 1/2 a point lean.

Now, with the addition of the long tubes, the car's missing problems have extended into driving. In many situations, from low rpm cruise to wot, I'll have an occassional random miss. All afrs are reasonable... not spot on, but reasonable.... 12.5:1-15.5:1.

Plugs are pretty new TR6s, it did with with my previous TR6s as well. Not sure if it did it on my TR55s or not. Motor has ~33k miles and is essentially stock.

Any ideas?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You running nitrous or high compression? If not I wouldn't run the TR6s. If have the TR6's and you are running nitrous, if you do a lot of driving around NA you will most likely foul them pretty quick. If you have high compression the TR6s might be fine NA. TR6's are definately not for stock NA engines.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bombguy99z28
You running nitrous or high compression? If not I wouldn't run the TR6s. If have the TR6's and you are running nitrous, if you do a lot of driving around NA you will most likely foul them pretty quick. If you have high compression the TR6s might be fine NA. TR6's are definately not for stock NA engines.

It is a nitrous car... but I don't think that the plugs are the issue here. I swapped them out last week or so and have very little driving on them... and actually the ~1.5month old plugs that had seen several bottles run through were in pretty good shape.