Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

80-e swap problems....HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 80-e swap problems....HELP!

I am at my wit's end with my tranny swap. I talked to John @ Speartech today, and he told me that if I have the correct file, that LS1EDIT *will* reflash the PCM (i.e. I don't have to send it to him.) The PCM accepted the file that I was sent, but the truck still won't shift into reverse. As a matter of fact, we hooked a Snap On scan tool to it, and the PCM is telling the tranny to be in 1st gear regardless of which gear is selected with the shifter, including reverse.

I sent the file to John today and left him a couple of messages, but after our initial conversation this morning he hasn't been able to call/email me back. Can I email the file to anyone and have them check it w/ EDIT to make sure that it's the correct one? That the segment 1 ID is correct, etc etc?

Does anyone have any other suggestions? We've checked, rechecked, and triple checked the wiring and it is all spot on. I **have** to get this truck off of the lift soon...it's waaaay to heavy to push in and outta the shop. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. WHY CAN'T THIS **** JUST WORK?!!?!?!?!?
Old 11-07-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did you swap from? LS1Edit does not have the ability to flash from an M6 to an A4 (or if it does, it didn't work for me going the other way).
Old 11-07-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
what did you swap from? LS1Edit does not have the ability to flash from an M6 to an A4 (or if it does, it didn't work for me going the other way).
I had a 60-e in it before. I've heard both sides...that I need to send the PCM off, have it re-flashed, then upload the file that I have; I've also heard that I can just upload the correct file and that EDIT will reflash it and it will work.