PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF, datamaster TTS program wont record properly?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF, datamaster TTS program wont record properly?

I'm trying to use the datamaster TTS datalogging program to datalog on my 93 Z, and everything is hooked up right and when you turn the key to the "on" position, everything even displays on the screen with all the sensor readings, etc. and it all seems to work fine and "connected". But everytime I hit the "record" button and then turn the key it just goes to "Lost ALDL connection" and won't record. The same applies to when I just hit "monitor" button, when the car is off, but I tried to hit monitor and then start the car and my computer just restarted and then once it went back into windows it gave me a "windows has just recovered from a serious malfuction" dialog box, so I figured I just wouldn't try that again. Anybody got an idea to why this isn't working?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A friend of mine had this problem off and on, we think its his pcm , although i replaced my cable and fixed my lost communication problem
Old 11-18-2005, 03:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm... Maybe it is the ECM, the program seems to run perfectly with the engine off and the key on the "on" position. Even the TPS % and TPS volts work properly if I hit the gas pedal with the engine off. But soon as I start the engine it just goes to "lost aldl connection" and the few seconds it records at most, it gives me some of the most wacked out, crazy readings i have ever seen. Such as 2000% duty cyle on the injectors, low oil pressure error and high oil pressure error DTC codes at the same times and so on. I think it was shooting up something like 10 DTC codes per second, for 4-6 seconds which was the longest record I could get out of it, but there still wasn't a SES light coming on in the dash.