PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced fuel pump and plugs, now I got pinging.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replaced fuel pump and plugs, now I got pinging.

I had recently replaced my fuel pump with a racetronixs Plug & Play system and put in a fresh set of TR-55's gapped @ .050 of an inch. I went to test my new pump and Now I can hear pinging and registering KR when I'm scanning at WOT. like before my AFR is still averaging ~ 12.6 at WOT . I am not using nitrous right now and it is the same gas and tune I was using two weeks ago with no problems. Is it possible that I got anti-seize on the spark plug electrode and that might cause the pinging? BTW I have not checked the fuel rail pressure yet,Hmmm, do you think I't can be my pump? I will be installing my fuel pressure gage tonight or tomarrow. What do yall think? thanx in advance.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 11-19-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you are getting 12.6 at WOT, I wouldn't think it's your pump. Does your AFR spike anywhere? Also, have you scanned for KR on a cylinder basis?
Old 11-19-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Checked the fuel pressure and the pressure @ WOT is 55 LBS,I feel alot better that it's not the pump. I will clean and re check the plugs tomarrow,It' got to be the plugs or the anti-seize causing the pinging. I'll worry about it later for now It's time to play .Thanx for the reply.