Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES Code # P1870

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SES Code # P1870

Do I have automatic trans problems with a p1870 code??

My car threw a p1870 code.

I installed a TCI ssf 3500 and trans cooler about 4 and a half months ago and I got tuned from Speed Inc. a month ago and noticed my shift points to be alot smoother.

The car runs great BUT;

A week and a half ago I discovered that my Transmission was overheating and almost reached 225 degrees according to my trans temp gauge. I went under the car and discovered a big newspaper covering the Transcooler, I removed it.

Lately, since I removed the paper, the trans temperatures have not reached that high, driving around town on the highway or stop light to stop light for an hour or so. Maybe 180 to 190 tops. On average 30 minute drving it only reached 150 degrees.

I have been keeping an eye on the trans fluid and it is perfectly filled.

I do not feel the trans slipping at all because it locks.

What can be the problem? Should I worry? Is it the tune?

Anyways the car is not going to be driven because it will be placed in storage soon, for the winter and snow as it is only a week end car.

Thanks for your help guys.
Any input greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Robert
Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A loose converter can cause the code, especialy if your on hilly roads in 4th going slow. It can also be causd by the TCC modulation valve bore wearing. I always install a spring that rids the trans of the PWM, so it will lock solid with a high stall.