PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what could cause idle rpms to jump around?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what could cause idle rpms to jump around?

sometimes at a light (and after starting) the rpms will jump around. the rpms will be steady and then all of a sudden they will jump. it does this in open and in closed loop. my idle airflow still needs adjustment but i swore it still did that sometimes when i was at a light. what things can cause this? im thinking about playing around with the timing some more to see if that may help out or whatever. just looking for suggestions on what to look at cause i havent had much time lately to get this right. thats about all thats left so id like to take care of it. it came out of nowhere really. i compaired to old tunes and there is nothing off in idle ranges that would cause this. thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

list your mods, esp cam specs
Old 11-23-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same thing. 95% of the time the idle is fine, but twice a week or so it just seems to "forget" how to idle. It most noticeable when coming to a stop after normal cruising. The idle will drop real low jump up and down for a few seconds, then level out.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

f13 cam, heads, bolt ons and what not. its quite strange, if i get it better ill post up. some RAF changes helped out but notmuch, still does it.