Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.bin files HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .bin files HELP

I did a search on the forum and found the .bin files thread. I am really interested in getting HPTuners to clean up my T/A's driveability characteristics. The million dollar question is this. If I purchase HPTuners, do I directly download the tune via the .bin files? Or is there some way to find out on a regular WORD type file what exactly was changed and why? I am just curious because I just might download someone's "crunk" up file and don't really know what all was adjusted. For instance, I want to alter idle, torque management and shift points but not cam characteristics, if the file included that change. Please gimme insight.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The help file, and the stickies explain common things to change... the .bin files out there are for learning only (don't apply them to your car unless you know what you're doing )

You can use the compare feature in HPT to compare your tune to the downloaded tune (.bin) and get a quick snapshot on what's different.. then it's not very difficult to start figuring out why everything was modified (and of course this section is invaluable for that since most of the main tables that should be modified have been discussed to death here)
Old 11-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info and patience with us newbies. I am starting at square one with these tuners, so all the info I can get is great. Thanks again.