Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOT vs non-WOT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WOT vs non-WOT?

Now lets see if I got this right. When in WOT the AFR is set by the tables and the computer does not alter it right, but non-WOT and idle the computer always tries to maintain the 14.7 right? I changed my exhaust and headers and everybody said it would lean the car out but my NB shows an avearage of 930mV when I do a WOT run. When do you define WOTand not? Hope this all makes sense, thanks guys.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by Pavetim
Now lets see if I got this right. When in WOT the AFR is set by the tables and the computer does not alter it right, but non-WOT and idle the computer always tries to maintain the 14.7 right? I changed my exhaust and headers and everybody said it would lean the car out but my NB shows an avearage of 930mV when I do a WOT run. When do you define WOTand not? Hope this all makes sense, thanks guys.
If the pcm has to correct the fueling for part throttle driving by adding fuel, it will take that same amount and add it to the tables for WOT. So, if you are lean at part throttle because of the headers, the pcm add a % to keep you at the 14.7 to 1 AFR, it will add that same % to WOT. So in effect it will make you richer when you go full throttle. To be able to tune correct AFR at full throttle you need your part throttle right so it doesn't interfere with it at WOT.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what is wierd all my LTFT are negative, so that means rich right. Though headers were supposed to lean the car out. Although I only have 20 miles on it since flashing so it is probably still learning huh.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

just look at your STFT's..if they are aound 0...then your car is thru learning for that cell...

as far as leaning you out...the only way to see what is happening is to look at a wideband...you cant tell from narrowband readings...they differ from all kinds of circumstances...and are only accurate at 14.7..
teh way the car works is it looks to see if its at 14.7..richer..take away fuel..leaner...add fuel..it doesnt care if its off by 100mv or 800 mv....leaner is leaner richer is richer...
its a < = > equation...