PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys with Widebands...

Old 11-26-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys with Widebands...

...where do you put them when you're using them? Do you unscrew a stock o2 or did you weld a new bung on? If so in what location and orientation?

I just got my LM-1 today and I'm also in the process of making my custom Y-pipe so I'm trying to figure out where it should go. I read a thread a while ago that said they work best in the 12:00 position?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weld in a new bung and plug it when not using the wideband. You can't really put it at 12 o'clock. I put them on the passenger side (ahead of the cat if you have them) and they just go in the side angled up a little if possible. You just don't want it down towards the bottom where condensate will get on it when starting a cold car. On customer's cars, I just run the cord up and in the window - in my own car, I have a hole in the floor with a rubber plug to put it up through the floor under the passenger seat.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:17 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just use the stock O2 bung...
I have an LC1
I made the contraption in the picture below..
I use teh stock O2 connector for power and ground and analog 1(red blue yellow and green wires go to cars narrowband o2 connector)
analog 2 and calibration and a ground go to EIO/car side (brown white and black)

I'm an audio guy so I used some parts I had laying aound for my calibration/led box using some Audio Speaker connectors(Neutrik Speakon connectors - NL4 for those that want to do the same)
I just run the wideband side up through the door crack(feed it through with the door open)

http://www.audiohelix.com/ls1tech/eio.png
Old 11-26-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am runing a DynoJet Wide Band, welded a bung in the I pipe about even with the door on the pax side about 3:00. Works great, was right on with the dynos wide band as well on my last tune.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep wired in using existing NB02 connector for pwr and grnd, plus 2nd LC-1 output for NB sim, its not exactly the same but its tracks pretty well the stock NB. I ran the wires up over the trans and through the shifter under the console. Nice tidy and accessible. I expect to leave it in there rather than swapping it in and out.

Search this Thread