Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

comparing my tune ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default comparing my tune ?????

i am looking through my tune that was done a long time ago by etune (mike morgan). i will be asking a lot of question about these tables he changed. so here goes

1. ac torque (ac compressor torque vs. ac pressure) this is zeroed is this right??

2. maximum delta airflow p0101 error he added 3 to every cell

3. misfire detection min ECT
is moved to 266 degress

4. throttle follower delay time vs. speed (neutral)
whole table at 160

5. throttle follower airflow decay vs. speed (both)
have been modified

any input to whether these changes are good or not would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1: this is nothing really. It is just a torque model used by the pcm to determine the amount of drivetrain loss from the ac compressor as it is on and the pressures change.

2: Just a change so p0101 never comes on.

3: Shut off missfire detection completly.

4 and 5: Make your revs come down quicker after you press in your throttle, so no hanging rpms..

the change on 4 does nothing on your car. you could set that to anything you want. On a manual trans car the pcm only uses drive on those settings.

on 5, the larger the number the faster the rpms will go down, the lower the numbers the longer it takes to come back down to idle.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

what about 3 is this common? i know what this generally do, i just want to know if this is correct in a tuning sense??
Old 11-28-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is one way to do it i guess, Normally, You would just desensitize the low rpm settings, that way you still have some sort of detection in mid to high rpm ranges. but that way would just shut it all off.

It is because of your cam that it was shut of, even though your cam is small, it could have been just made less agressive so it would still have been enabled.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was getting a general knock on all cylinders. this is why it was turned off. i dont think it should be completely disabled though. what should the settings be at?