Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to add fuel in this example

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to add fuel in this example

Ok here is an example of my log. I am getting 4 degrees KR at .64g/cyl at 1600rpm I think I see where to take out advance. But i'd like to try to add fuel instead of taking out advance. Where would I go and what would I have to do to add fuel in this example. Thanks guys.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

good question...i wanna know too
Old 11-30-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

The way I would tackle it in EFI Live would be to make a custom histogram. The two tables to add fuel are VE and MAF. So, log the MAP vs. RPM vs. KR and add fuel where you seen KR in the 1600 RPM cells. You can do the same with the MAF table. Log MAF Hz vs. RPM vs. KR and find where the KR lies. Then, increase by a small percentage. However, this is not how I'd suggest you fix your problem. The other place you could adjust it is with PE by tweaking how easily PE is applied.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pavetim
Ok here is an example of my log. I am getting 4 degrees KR at .64g/cyl at 1600rpm I think I see where to take out advance. But i'd like to try to add fuel instead of taking out advance. Where would I go and what would I have to do to add fuel in this example. Thanks guys.
.64 g/cyl at 1600? What gear and TPS are you at when recording this? Sounds like you are lugging the motor.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TimZ28
.64 g/cyl at 1600? What gear and TPS are you at when recording this? Sounds like you are lugging the motor.
Agreed. I don't think under normal driving you should be seeing that much airflow at that low of an rpm. For instance, if you try to drive up a steep hill at 1600rpm in 6th gear you will often see knock retard. It just means you need to put it in a lower gear.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

What are all your mods? If your VE table is close (wideband tuned) and you have stock timing tables, you shouldn't get any at all.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To add fuel, you'll need to know the MAP at the point that occured. Then you can change your VE table. Did your fuel trims indicate that they were lean at point?

My guess is that it will be a pretty high map.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok first off yes it was going up a hill and rolling on the throttle. The MAP 98 and the TPS was 43, the fuel trims were about -2.0. Lets see mods are K&N filter, pacesetter LT's with emissions, SLP dual/dual, TSP catless Y-pipe, and thats about it for now. I have not tuned with wideband yet. Ok so to add fuel at a certain point is the VE table right? From what I understand the MAF table is only a reference to see if the MAF fails. I don't want to take out timing because with the retard it's only like 7 degrees advanced so i'll just add a little bit of fuel to get my trims about -5. So VE table huh. Any other suggestions let me know i'm fresh to this tuning.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

don't load the motor at such low rpm, if you need to go fast, downshift THEN step on it.
if you're gonna tune it properly, don't lug it in tall gears, the knock will ALWAYS show up there if you do that, that's just the nature of the beast.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pavetim
Ok first off yes it was going up a hill and rolling on the throttle. The MAP 98 and the TPS was 43, the fuel trims were about -2.0. Lets see mods are K&N filter, pacesetter LT's with emissions, SLP dual/dual, TSP catless Y-pipe, and thats about it for now. I have not tuned with wideband yet. Ok so to add fuel at a certain point is the VE table right? From what I understand the MAF table is only a reference to see if the MAF fails. I don't want to take out timing because with the retard it's only like 7 degrees advanced so i'll just add a little bit of fuel to get my trims about -5. So VE table huh. Any other suggestions let me know i'm fresh to this tuning.
You'll probably be better off just pulling timing. Why mess with the fuel.

It's gonna be so rare that you hit that high of airflow at that low of rpms anyways.

Are you really worried about your performance in high gear, at low rpms, going up hill? Just pull timing and move on.

That's why God invented downshifting.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok i'll probably just do that. Thanks guys.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverTA2002
That's why God invented downshifting.
AMEN brother!