Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam install help

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam install help

I just wrapped up a cam install yesterday and I can't get this thing to idle or even run right. The cam is a tr224 on a 114lsa 563lift, nothing extreme. Also put on ls6 ported oil pump and ls2 chain. I think I have some misfires but I can't pinpoint it to one cylinder. I've tried different tables and histograms in hp tuners and I can't figure out how to log individual cylinder misfires Im pretty sure it's nothing mechanical, dot to dot. What's the trick. I drilled the tb hole out a little, I adjusted the throttle screw, reset the tps sensor, raised the idle to 950 from 68*f on. I also bumped the timing up 2* in the idle cell. IAC position is at 160, how big of a hole do I need to drill? I rechecked every connection, coil packs, plugs, wires, pcv, oil pressure is good. I'm also getting random misfire codes and map high voltage code. Sorry for such a scattered post, I'm just going through these problems as I type. When I drove it aroud the block it sputters from right around 1000 rpms to 2500 rpms. Any help will be very appreciated.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, quit drilling holes in the TB.

I'm not enough of a HP_tuners guy to know all of its capabilities: Specifically, can it even diagnose (I know not every version can).

It can be scary, but there are files available at the HP_Tuners site for stuff very similar to yours. READ ALL THE WARNINGS THOROUGHLY!

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.pl
Old 12-03-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Email me your stock file and a list of all your mods, I'll help you out...

ls1_ls2tuning@yahoo.com