Sponsored by:

EGR Going into intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EGR Going into intake

Afternoon,

I have a question.. why is there only one bolt hole in the fitting that goes around the hose that goes into the intake? I cannot get my leak to stop. any sugesstions??? Can I take the EGR **** off w/o having a tune?? If so Let me know Thanks alot..

DR
Old 12-12-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A friend of mine did the EGR mod thing where you cut the bottom of the tube off, and threw a code cause it wasn't sealing after reinstalling the tube - he just re-bent the pipe a little to get the right angle and it sealed. Removing the EGR will throw an SES light.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the o-ring still on the pipe that goes down into the EGR hole? It can move around quite a bit, or even fall off down into the intake if you're not carefull. It can also get pinched if the EGr tube is not going into the intake straight, like
2001NBMZ28 said.
You can put a 1 3/8" rubber expansion-type freeze-out plug into the hole and plug up the intake hole, but yes you WILL set a SES code unless you disable EGR through reprogramming the PCM. But if you have a leak you can't get stopped it would work for a temp. fix.