Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM sensor inputs

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM sensor inputs

Has anyone opened up their PCM and explored the sensor inputs. I had a broken O2 sensor connector on my harness ( connector "key" broken off) and the muffler shop managed to get it plugged in the wrong way. Blew a 15 amp fuse immediately. Got it plugged in correctly and finally got around to getting the PCM reprogrammed and got the MIL light to go off. Now whenever the engine warms up I get a P0145 DTC. I replaced the O2 sensor but that didn't help. I am thinking the sensor input was damaged. Since it is my daily driver I haven't had the computer out to trace the sensor input circuit. I was hoping some curious soul in this forum had dug around inside the computer and could provide a little info. If the input components are discrete I can swap those from the unused bank 2 rear circuit. Sure woud be nice to know before hand what I am getting into though. This is a '98 LS1 by the way.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a guess... Pluggin in the sensor incorrectly may have looped back higher voltage from the heater circuit into the sensor buffer. That wouldn't be good. Replacing the discrete components would be possible if you could find them separately. Replacing the PCM is probably the best choice. Maybe you could find one in a junk yard.