Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown 383 LT1 management q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blown 383 LT1 management q's

Its been a while since Ive been on here, so most of you probably dont know me, although some may know me from other forums that I used to frequent.

Here's a little background; I have Port Pros building me a 383 with their Stg 2 heads, and a somewhat large comp cam(we havent decided on the exact one yet).
We're working towards a target of 650rwhp with 15psi from my twin intercooled D1-sc.

My main engine management question is this:
Can my factory '96 PCM safely run this motor with large injectors?
(By large I mean 60# high impedance at a higher pressure or 72# low impedance at 45psi with a Versa-fueler)
Or should I just wait a few months untill I save the money for Aftermarket management?
That second option is something I dont want to do, as I miss this car terribly already. Id definitely like to be able to safely run it with the stock stuff for a few months untill the cash is available again.
I know the MAF wont be able to read the actual airflow after about 5-6psi, requiring extensive fuel table changes to dial in the A/F ratio. No big deal, I had it done once for 10psi on the stock motor.
But were talking 200hp over what the stock motor made for power... And considering the cost of the new motor, I dont want to take avoidable risks.
So are there any tuning downfalls that I should be aware of? Especially if the motors health would be at stake.

Last edited by Fire67; 12-13-2005 at 03:34 PM.