Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant light wont go off, SES came on..ect

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant light wont go off, SES came on..ect

After my low coolant light came on, I checked the fluids and everything seemed fine. I went and flushed that system anyway. After flushing the system and getting everything back to spec, the light came on again. It doesn't come on until the car hit about 190 degrees. I checked all the fluids again and made sure that the hose from the radiator to the collant box wasn't clog'd up some how. I pulled the hose leading up under the intake and fluid starting draining from the inlet pipe just fine. I got everything back together and threw a little water back into the radiator and the next morning driving to work the light flashed on then off, a couple seconds later the light came on again.any idea's???

Also... I recently had one of my cats removed. The ses light came on 2 days later. I figured it would come on, but I figured it would have came on right after the cat was removed. The cat I removed is the one farther back after the y-pipe. Should I be worried that my SES light came on for another reason. All gauges read fine, all fluids clean and up to spec and the motor purrs, I dont think there would be any other reason except for the o2 sensor.

Since my SES light cam on, whenever I lock my car from the remote, it only beeps once unstead of twice like ussual. Thanks for you time and any info that will help me out.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Low coolant sensors go bad all the time - since the fluid level/temp is fine I'd just disconnect it, light will stay off - 00? and up don't even have one.

Only time my car ever beeped once setting the alarm with the remote was when my hatch wasn't closed tight - don't think it's related to your SES light.

Don't know what's going on with the SES/cat removal - I'd get the code read.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:27 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi

I had the same problem with the low coolant light. Before you disconect the sensor, reboot the PCM. Remove the battery cable and then reconect it. The light may disapear after that. Try it first.

JA
Old 12-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Banned

I did that and the light came on the first time I drove it, but didn't come on the second time... also my alarm beeps twice again. My ses light is still on but I am pretty sure it is becuase of the cat removal, and the low back pressure caused by there only being one cat. hopefully when I drive the car tomarrow the soolant light wont come on. Thanks for the info