PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tell if an O2 sensor is going bad????

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to tell if an O2 sensor is going bad????

Here is a screen shot of HP tuners notice the irratic O2 sensor? I'm getting some bad misfires I've changed out everything but the O2's....

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/upload...xs/hptuner.JPG
Old 12-14-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like it may be getting a little lazy but it's still switching...

I'd be more concerned by your LTFTs being maxed out (or close to it) ... they're trying to add a ton of fuel but they can't add anymore ... almost seems like a vacuum leak maybe...

Both Drivers side and Passenger side LTFTs are really high (so it's adding a ton of fuel on each side) so I doubt it's the O2 sensor causing this ...

Anything change on it before you noticed this? Have you had the intake manifold off recently?

Any mods to the vehicle? (Assumign this is the 02 tahoe? or is it your camaro?)
Old 12-14-2005, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
looks like it may be getting a little lazy but it's still switching...

I'd be more concerned by your LTFTs being maxed out (or close to it) ... they're trying to add a ton of fuel but they can't add anymore ... almost seems like a vacuum leak maybe...

Both Drivers side and Passenger side LTFTs are really high (so it's adding a ton of fuel on each side) so I doubt it's the O2 sensor causing this ...

Anything change on it before you noticed this? Have you had the intake manifold off recently?

Any mods to the vehicle? (Assumign this is the 02 tahoe? or is it your camaro?)
This s the camaro....
Only thing that has been done is a new water pump. The previous water pump was leaking. There was a misfire before but it was very subtle. Put in the new water pump and now the car is stumbling (major misfires).... It's odd nothing else has been done to the car....