Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 edit problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls1 edit problems

I have LS1 Edit. Every time I try to program,read scan or anything else with my car I spend at least a half hour trying to get it connected. When I read a code thru acutron <sp> or any other code reader its works just fine. Anybody else have this problem? I making me s mad mad that I have to go thru the hassle of everything just for it to tell me the cable not there or it cant find the PCM. I realizes that more use HP tuners or EFI live and I will probably switch over when I can come up with anther $700 to but yet anther tuning software because this one never works. I just wandering if other are having the same problem as me.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

I had problems using Edit with a high end notebook with Windows XP. Since I got a 333mhz IBM Thinkpad with a serial port, Edit has been rock solid and 100% reliable. Plus this IBM never goes online and is dedicated to my car stuff: Edit, LM-1, EASE, etc. FWIW.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you using a USB adapter? if so which one? Could be a problem there

It's been a while since I've used edit so I don't recall the exact settings... but there should be certain settings for the serial port (buffer and other settings) that if incorrectly set can cause some issues (this is regardless of physical or USB serial port)

If you do decide to upgrade your software give sales at hptuners dot com an email... I believe they're still offering a trade-in program ($ off purchase price) for ls1 edit customers

Last edited by horist; 12-15-2005 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Also make sure EVERY other program, virus protection etc is shut down, use the serial port. Running XP on a new DEll. Never any problems, even with their scanner software.
I'd upgrade to EFI or HPtuners too but can't see spending $600+ .
Old 12-15-2005, 01:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You can trade in your ls1-edit product for HP Tuners.

Send us an e-mail for details.

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 12-15-2005, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

I sent an email week ago but got no response. Sent it to 'sales@HPTuners.com' I use a serial port because I use my home computer, yea I drag that big thing out there. But I think I have a loose connection problem in the cable. So I can get it working if I move it around and everything. I probably need to send it back and let them look at it.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a similar problem a while back. It turned out to be the adapter I was using with my laptop as well. Also, I had to change the com port every time I flashed.