Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Map at idle, 86 kpa?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Map at idle, 86 kpa?

I'm trying to nail down my tune problem after a tr224 114lsa install. Before the install, my map idle was sitting at 28 kpa. I took the sensor out last night and put rtv around the tube to make sure the seal was good. I'm thinking the sensor's bad and is the root of all my problems. I thought I had a vacuum leak, but I checked everything and then rechecked. The car is just running like ***, it stumbles, sputters, runs rich, ect... I have hptuners and a guy on here helped me straighten out my raf,ve, follower tables, timing,ect.. just to get it to idle. I was also able to get my iac counts to 30-40. Just for grins I installed new msd wires and ngk plugs last weekend to see if it was spark related, no dice. I'm sure my fueling is way off but every time I put it in sd mode to log my stfts the car stumbles even more. When I would pulse the pedal at a certain rpm(1500) it would cut out and it feels like it's missing. I'm getting a couple of codes(map high frequency and tps inactive) I've reset my tps after adusting the throttle blade screw. My traction control intermittently goes off and on. I'm just tired of the bucking and surging with this small of a cam. It's almost embarassing driving around like this, I can't even pick up fast food lol. Any one else experience this with a cam install?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club

man, no way should your car be idling at 85 kpa, that cam(TR224-112) IIRC idles at about mid 40s KPA. Definitely do some more investigating.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

What other things contribute to the high map values? Btw, I replaced the MAP sensor last night and it didn't change anything. Is 86 kpa reading as if there is not enough vacuum?
Old 12-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Launching!

My car is idiling at 7-8KPA

Quick Reply: Map at idle, 86 kpa?