How do I create a log file with Atap??? - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
HP Tuners | AutoTap | Diablo | MAF Translator | HPP3 | FAST | Gen7 | Big Stuff 3
Sponsored by
Diablo Sport


How do I create a log file with Atap???

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2002, 05:36 PM   #1
TECH Addict
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,055
Default How do I create a log file with Atap???

I checked out this link http://www.c5forum.com/diy/ltft.php and he's using the DOS version; I have the Windows version.

To elaborate, how can I monitor and save 16 parameters like the link above?? <img border="0" title="" alt="[Confused]" src="images/icons/confused.gif" />

Thanks!!
__________________
Custom Painted '01 TA Firehawk, powder-coated HRE 567R, Bilstein, Recaros
Aluminum 402" LS2, L92 Heads, 244/256 .627/.617 112, Ported FAST 102, NW 102, 104Lid, Kooks Coated 1 7/8", Kooks 3" True Duals, EWP, ASP crank pulley, Spec clutch, D&D T56, 4:10 gears, CLSD, UMI Tubular K-member/Torque arm/A-arms/control arms etc. by
360 Customs Inc.

Full custom show AND go.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 11:46 PM   #2
Launching!
 
bmax's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 1
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 205
Default Re: How do I create a log file with Atap???

I am not an expert but what I do is run the windows version, log the same paprameters, open the C5 file and cut and paste my info into the correct columns.
It works and you can read your average LTFT's and WOT.

Brad
__________________
'99 Formula, M6, BRE custom cam, Hooker cat back, EFI Live COS5
bmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 01:54 AM   #3
TECH Addict
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 2,207
Default Re: How do I create a log file with Atap???

the quickest way is to click on the record icon on the bottom of the parameters page (round circle). It will prompt you for a file name.

Chris
__________________
Chris
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 03:39 AM   #4
TECH Addict
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,055
Default Re: How do I create a log file with Atap???

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ChrisB:
<strong>the quickest way is to click on the record icon on the bottom of the parameters page (round circle). It will prompt you for a file name.

Chris</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But this means I can only log 8 parameters at a time.

How can I save multiple pages? <img border="0" title="" alt="[Confused]" src="images/icons/confused.gif" />
__________________
Custom Painted '01 TA Firehawk, powder-coated HRE 567R, Bilstein, Recaros
Aluminum 402" LS2, L92 Heads, 244/256 .627/.617 112, Ported FAST 102, NW 102, 104Lid, Kooks Coated 1 7/8", Kooks 3" True Duals, EWP, ASP crank pulley, Spec clutch, D&D T56, 4:10 gears, CLSD, UMI Tubular K-member/Torque arm/A-arms/control arms etc. by
360 Customs Inc.

Full custom show AND go.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 07:04 AM   #5
Teching In
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 22
Default Re: How do I create a log file with Atap???

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by The Dragon:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ChrisB:
<strong>the quickest way is to click on the record icon on the bottom of the parameters page (round circle). It will prompt you for a file name.

Chris</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But this means I can only log 8 parameters at a time.

How can I save multiple pages? <img border="0" title="" alt="[Confused]" src="images/icons/confused.gif" /> </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can log data from the tables page. This way you can log as many parameters as you want.

Jeff
jpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 02:26 PM   #6
TECH Senior Member
 
horist's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Posts: 7,036
Default Re: How do I create a log file with Atap???

Keep in mind, the windows version is considerably slow than the DOS version. And when you're logging 16 parameters the log process slows down even more... if you can get the DOS version to work... definetly go DOS and not winblowz
__________________
Mike Horist
00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned w/Real Time Tuning
1987 Peugeot 505 V6 - SOLD
1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo 4 banger - SOLD
horist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 04:34 PM   #7
TECH Addict
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,055
Default Re: How do I create a log file with Atap???

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by horist:
<strong>Keep in mind, the windows version is considerably slow than the DOS version. And when you're logging 16 parameters the log process slows down even more... if you can get the DOS version to work... definetly go DOS and not winblowz</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds good on paper . . . I just wish I wasn't computer illiterate <img border="0" title="" alt="[Sad]" src="gr_sad.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[Smile]" src="gr_stretch.gif" />
__________________
Custom Painted '01 TA Firehawk, powder-coated HRE 567R, Bilstein, Recaros
Aluminum 402" LS2, L92 Heads, 244/256 .627/.617 112, Ported FAST 102, NW 102, 104Lid, Kooks Coated 1 7/8", Kooks 3" True Duals, EWP, ASP crank pulley, Spec clutch, D&D T56, 4:10 gears, CLSD, UMI Tubular K-member/Torque arm/A-arms/control arms etc. by
360 Customs Inc.

Full custom show AND go.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 12:00 AM   #8
TECH Addict
 
Elite_Hot_Rod's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 2,319
Default Re: How do I create a log file with Atap???

Dragon,

Start your Autotap program with the car running, once it reads your vin numbers click on the tables tab. Set up the table to what ever parameters you want to monitor. Once you have your tables set up click on the "log" tab at the upper left hand corner. Click on "open log file" it will ask you where you want to save the file and you will have to give it a name, I usually use the current date. It's case sensitive so do not use any capitol letters or numbers or dashes, just spell out the date, then save it where ever you want, then click the the start log file button and you will start your new file. When you think you have enough info, (usually it's best to go WOT to see what everything is doing at that time) click on the log tab and click on the start/stop button and you will now have a file you can go back to and view your parameters.

Mark
Elite_Hot_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 03:33 AM   #9
TECH Addict
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,055
Default Re: How do I create a log file with Atap???

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Elite_Hot_Rod:
<strong>Dragon,

Start your Autotap program with the car running, once it reads your vin numbers click on the tables tab. Set up the table to what ever parameters you want to monitor. Once you have your tables set up click on the "log" tab at the upper left hand corner. Click on "open log file" it will ask you where you want to save the file and you will have to give it a name, I usually use the current date. It's case sensitive so do not use any capitol letters or numbers or dashes, just spell out the date, then save it where ever you want, then click the the start log file button and you will start your new file. When you think you have enough info, (usually it's best to go WOT to see what everything is doing at that time) click on the log tab and click on the start/stop button and you will now have a file you can go back to and view your parameters.

Mark</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank You!

<img border="0" alt="[cheers]" title="" src="graemlins/gr_cheers.gif" />
__________________
Custom Painted '01 TA Firehawk, powder-coated HRE 567R, Bilstein, Recaros
Aluminum 402" LS2, L92 Heads, 244/256 .627/.617 112, Ported FAST 102, NW 102, 104Lid, Kooks Coated 1 7/8", Kooks 3" True Duals, EWP, ASP crank pulley, Spec clutch, D&D T56, 4:10 gears, CLSD, UMI Tubular K-member/Torque arm/A-arms/control arms etc. by
360 Customs Inc.

Full custom show AND go.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 03:33 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird




Paid Advertisement
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - JOBS
Emails & Contact Details