Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOT Cells

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT Cells

This is a really basic question that I haven't been able to figure out reading the stickies. I'm using HP Tuners. What cells are designated as the WOT cells? Is it over a certain rpm, map, or a region? For example if I wanted to change my timing during WOT which cells would I change? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-31-2005, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ttt...
Old 12-31-2005, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

You need to log your vehicle at WOT and see what MAP and g/cyl it is running at WOT. That will then tell you what cells its in.

Generally for stock timing is from about 0.65 -> 0.80 g/cyl

VE from about 85-90kpa+ MAP and PE is just RPM based, with a Map and TPS trigger.

So there is no actual answer until you log your car, then you will have your answer
Old 12-31-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ringram
You need to log your vehicle at WOT and see what MAP and g/cyl it is running at WOT. That will then tell you what cells its in.

VE from about 85-90kpa+ MAP and PE is just RPM based, with a Map and TPS trigger.

So there is no actual answer until you log your car, then you will have your answer
When you log is there a way to filter so it only records the wot cells? Like a tps=100 filter? or something similar?
Old 12-31-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ringram

I guess my other question also is, when reviewing your log, how do you know which cells were hit during wot and which ones were just regular driving?
Old 12-31-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ what I generally do is look at the chart... I find where TPS goes to 100% (green line in chart by default) then I scroll through that while watching the histograms ... you can see the cells that are hit....

You may also be able to setup a custom PID (With 2.0 HP Tuners) that will filter out anything where TPS < 100%

But chart option has always worked well for me and provides you with all the sensor input at once (just scroll through the chart... you'll see that the green TPS line is normally pretty low... but then it'll spike all the way to the top... that's 100% TPS... so all the other lines correspond with 100% TPS (all those above and below it in the chart) ... as you scroll through the 100% TPS you'll see the cells that you're hitting in he histogram (you can also watch the table display at the same time)
Old 12-31-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by horist
^^^ what I generally do is look at the chart... I find where TPS goes to 100% (green line in chart by default) then I scroll through that while watching the histograms ... you can see the cells that are hit....

You may also be able to setup a custom PID (With 2.0 HP Tuners) that will filter out anything where TPS < 100%

But chart option has always worked well for me and provides you with all the sensor input at once (just scroll through the chart... you'll see that the green TPS line is normally pretty low... but then it'll spike all the way to the top... that's 100% TPS... so all the other lines correspond with 100% TPS (all those above and below it in the chart) ... as you scroll through the 100% TPS you'll see the cells that you're hitting in he histogram (you can also watch the table display at the same time)
Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for. Feel kind of stupid, I never used the chart display like that before. That's really useful. Thanks again.