Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maf low freq

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default maf low freq

First, sorry for the long post and i know i've seen a post like this but with the "search" out....

okay, i have an STS kit on my DD awaiting the water shield. Anyways, i had to drive about 25 miles through some nasty rain/rain soaked roads. after about 12 miles, if i gave it more than ~15-20% throttle and/or >2500rpm, it would start bucking. I got an SES, checked it with AutoTap and i believe it was a "maf low freq" I don't remember the actual code (it was 1 AM) but i believe that is what it was. I reset the code, removed the air filter and outerwear sock which were pretty wet. This morning i looked and saw trace amounts of water in the pipe. It wasn't really drops just like a thin layer on a 2 in^2 section of the elbow leading into the turbo. I reattatched the filter this morning and let her warm up. In neutral I got it to up to 4000 rpm with no problem, just if i tried to rev it quickly it would hesitate a bit.

Does this sound like water on the MAF wires?
Does the MAF just need to dry out (i.e. through very light city driving for a few days) or should i yank out the pipes and pull the MAF?
Thanks
Old 01-03-2006, 04:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your engine sensor fuse under the hood. that would be a good place to start. i got the same code because the fuse was blown