PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone set up a tuner for the GM 4.2 I6?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 09:38 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Has anyone set up a tuner for the GM 4.2 I6?

The wife has a new '05 Saab 9-7x (Trailblazer/Envoy in Saab clothing) with the 4.2 I6 and it has the 4l60E tranny as well. The transmission shifts less than desireable and I heard that they have found good sucess with a custom tune from some place in Texas. The problem with that is it's like the early days of ship them your PCM and they will reflash a program and send it back to you. I'd rather have a tuner that I can always reflash back to stock if need be. I don't plan on doing any mods, but would like just a better drive out of it.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to get HP Tuners for it, so I could do both my T/A and her 9-7.

Anybody?
Old 01-04-2006, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
The wife has a new '05 Saab 9-7x (Trailblazer/Envoy in Saab clothing) with the 4.2 I6 and it has the 4l60E tranny as well. The transmission shifts less than desireable and I heard that they have found good sucess with a custom tune from some place in Texas. The problem with that is it's like the early days of ship them your PCM and they will reflash a program and send it back to you. I'd rather have a tuner that I can always reflash back to stock if need be. I don't plan on doing any mods, but would like just a better drive out of it.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to get HP Tuners for it, so I could do both my T/A and her 9-7.

Anybody?
I5/I6 support will follow our 4cyl support. I'd expect something before easter, although not sure what issues the Saab OEM may cause.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:05 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Cool... thanks for the update... I might hold off ordering my HP tuner so I can go with a 2000 F-body and the '05 I6 support.

Thanks.

I'll be waiting to hear from you guys.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

once we release the new USB interface, you will have many more options in regards to licensing. The new system is very flexible so there won't be any need to hold off until the I6 is released.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:23 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

That's cool. That has been one of my holdbacks is that I only had one vehicle that I could use it on, and would be paying for two different licenses.

If I could have gotten a discount for a single vehicle, I would have jumped on this a while ago.

Quick Reply: Has anyone set up a tuner for the GM 4.2 I6?