PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners when will the new cable be ready?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP Tuners when will the new cable be ready?

HP Tuners when will the new cable be ready?

Anybody know?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here...my new laptop only has USB.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it'll be ready once they announce it's ready it's getting close but I don't believe there's an official timeframe yet
Old 01-06-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

are they gonna charge more for it or is it just gonna be another option?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:36 AM
How do I change this text

Originally Posted by mich2112
Same here...my new laptop only has USB.
A bulky adapter is only like 30 bucks, it will at least get ya going.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Full-Force
are they gonna charge more for it or is it just gonna be another option?
the serial cable will no longer be available once the USB ships. The pricing will be the same as the existing serial cables and there will be more options. There will be an upgrade price for existing customers who want to move from serial to USB.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

what about if the customer has a serial cable, but wants to upgrade to the EIO cable. Is that still going to be possible??
Old 01-06-2006, 05:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct me if im wrong but i think they are doing away with the serial adapters...the only upgrade you'll be able to do is to the USB EIO
Old 01-06-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

their serial EIO interfaces are gone already....i am just waiting on release so i can upgrade my regular interface for the USB EIO. There is an upgrade fee for going to USB, but not sure how much.

Chris
Old 01-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

I placed an order for a tuner and was told by Keith that the new USB EIO will be ready in 2-3 weeks.

What they're going to do with me is that they'll send me the regular interface, then all i'll have to do is send the regular interface back in and they'll send me the new one. I do'nt know if that is the case for everyone, though.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:56 AM
TECH Addict

does anyone know when the upgrade price is going to be released? Im sure we're not going to be happy with it, but i guess we're "forced" to spend the $$ if we wanna run a WB I would expect the cable to be cheaper for existing customers mainly because if HPtuners is eliminating the serial cable, then they should at least offer a reasonable upgrade fee, not something crazy thats close to the price of the tuners suite new, if indeed they're charging that much.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:58 AM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rg42284
I placed an order for a tuner and was told by Keith that the new USB EIO will be ready in 2-3 weeks.

What they're going to do with me is that they'll send me the regular interface, then all i'll have to do is send the regular interface back in and they'll send me the new one. I do'nt know if that is the case for everyone, though.
I bought my SS just over a year ago. I was big time into programming my old car, a Buick GN and I really wanted to tune an OBD II car. I decided I really wanted HPTUNERS and I have literally waited a year for the USB interface to come out. I will be purchasing a package in February no matter what. I will not mess around with non-USB at this point and I want the EIO interface. I sure hope that 2-3 weeks period is accurate. I will go to the "other" popular package if I have to.

What worries me and maybe you guys can shed some light on this, the HPTuners website is woefully out of date and it worries me that something is wrong. The only thing I can look at is their website for news and nothing on it gives me any info, I have to come here. One other odd thing is I tried going to the Superchips website and there is no mention of HPTuners there, isn't that a bit odd? I am not trying to stir up muck, I just want to make sure I am waiting for the right thing.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are waiting for the right thing...you just have to dig around in their forum. They are waiting to update their main page until they actually do release their USB product...they don't even list 2.0 on their site right now as it is, but it is out.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Nino, I think you'll be plesantly surprised.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BJM
One other odd thing is I tried going to the Superchips website and there is no mention of HPTuners there, isn't that a bit odd? I am not trying to stir up muck, I just want to make sure I am waiting for the right thing.
We are both doing major website upgrades that probably won't be ready for a few months. MSD owns Superchips and there are quite a few things that are not mentioned on their site.

There is a lot more to this picture than meets the eye. Look in the upper left hand corner of this page. Racepak

2006 is going to be an adventurous year

-Ken
Old 01-07-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Magnus
Nino, I think you'll be plesantly surprised.
thats what i like to hear!!! Im just waiting on you all to release the price so i can send my cable in for the upgrades I got my lc-1 on the way also!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:49 PM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
We are both doing major website upgrades that probably won't be ready for a few months. MSD owns Superchips and there are quite a few things that are not mentioned on their site.

There is a lot more to this picture than meets the eye. Look in the upper left hand corner of this page. Racepak

2006 is going to be an adventurous year

-Ken
What am I looking for there? All I see is a logo saying Racepak Data Systems.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It says "An MSD ignition brand", just showing that accomplishing some things are more difficult than they seem in reguards to their site and superchip's site.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rg42284

I did the same thing, only I ordered mine in November. I was told the same thing, a couple weeks.

Exact Quote by Keith from email--->EIO's are still in production.. they should be done any week now.

I am writing this on Jan 8th. It looks like I will have to wait a little longer than expected.

Jeremy
Old 01-08-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good news indeed... I just wish Hptuners with wideband capability was a little bit cheaper.
I mean it's $500 for hptuners + $150 for EIO = $650. A bit to pricey I think....