Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

major pcm problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default major pcm problems

hey guys, i think this is like my 3rd post (maybe) and im about to ask a BIG favor. so go easy on me please. ive got a 99 corvette. we just finished the engine transplant it so sorely needed but now ive suffered a pcm failure. (i think) the 10 amp fuse that supplies battery power to the pcm is blowing instantly. and thus i have no fuel pumps, no power to the solonoid wire on start, and my fuel gage is pegged at zero (the tanks are full) here's what i do know about this circuit. it is always hot. so key on key off makes no matter. yes its supposed to be hot. im quite sure that the pcm is shot and that is whats causing the short (the fuse wont blow if the pcm isnt hooked up). common sense would say replace the pcm. however, this vehicle has had 3 pcm's since it was new (before we purchased it.) so im quite sure there is a wiring problem that is causing the pcm to toast itself. so before i replace it with a new one i want to check every wire for shorts to ground. but i dont have accurate wiring diagrams of the pcm circuit so i have no clue what im stabbing at with my meter. i do know how to do this, i just dont have a schematic to help me. can anyone out there hook me up witha complete wiring diagram in a pdf file or even a website that i can get it for free. i know its asking alot, but im in a major bind here. the car is taking up space on my friends lift and my father is ready to torch his car. thanks in advance -jon
p.s. if need be you can email me at dgumotorsports@yahoo.com