Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on Marcin's RAF 1_2

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on Marcin's RAF 1_2

Ok, I converted from a 4L60E to a TH350. I have the NSS hooked up, so the PCM knows when it is in PN, or G. Not sure if it see's like normal or not, as it doesnt seem like I get all the FTC's. Anyway...
When using the RAF sprdsht, does the idle in Gear need to be with Pbrake on? Or could I let it chug forward at idle? I am only experiencing a little dip & surge (d/s) when coming to a stop when warm, and I get a decent amount of d/s when idling from cold start. But, I notice when I am rolling to a stop, or taking off from one, there seems to be a point, maybe based off xxx vs. mph, where it d/s' a lot more than any other time.
So, I got to thinking, maybe I can use the RAF and let off the brake, letting it "idle" creep forward? Probably something not related to the RAF, but more a mph based thing I guess. Any comments or thoughts appreciated.

Charlie

EDIT-I am also trying to figure out to average the column of RAF for each temp. I have sorted by temp and am learning to use Excel as I type! Any hints, pointers etc welcome.

Last edited by CAT3; 01-16-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Restricted User

Ok, got the average part figured out. Now I know why so many ppl get Laptop mounts in their cars and log all the damn time, the more data gathered, the smoother the tune. I think I need to hold off on any more changes until I swap to a 2002 OS.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Restricted User

bump for me

Will allowing the car to roll at idle negatively effect the RAF Calcs?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends what are you trying to do, i'm guessing your TH350 is 'seen' by the pcm as a manual, so you only have RAF in drive to take care of, so i'd give it a full cycle of driving, and then just filter out anything with like more than 3mph.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Restricted User

Ok, so it would be safe to let it roll, and then anything over 3mph ditch. Got it, thanks Marcin. I have done a RAFP log, actually all the way from cold start (cold start in Hawaii aint saying much). Still building the RAF, I want to gather as much data from different logs as possible. Very cool ss.

Charlie