PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accel DFI Question: Accel Users come on in!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Accel DFI Question: Accel Users come on in!

Alright, I have my system all installed and running piggy back to the factory PCM. No problems runs like a champ.

Today I wired in the Stage control so I can run the 2-step function. I set the two step at 2500 rpm and brought the car up, holding the trigger, and at 2500 rpm it starts to function as designed. It does this for about 1-2 seconds then blows the Ignition fuse. Tried it twice, same thing. Funny thing is the last DFI system I had, on a different car, did the same thing.

I am a wiring god and I know for a fact that everything is hooked up properly... I think the Electronic Distributor that Accel makes just can't handle the drop out.

Anybody else?

Ryan
Old 01-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody?
Old 01-23-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

TTT for a boosted bro
Old 01-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan K
Alright, I have my system all installed and running piggy back to the factory PCM. No problems runs like a champ.

Today I wired in the Stage control so I can run the 2-step function. I set the two step at 2500 rpm and brought the car up, holding the trigger, and at 2500 rpm it starts to function as designed. It does this for about 1-2 seconds then blows the Ignition fuse. Tried it twice, same thing. Funny thing is the last DFI system I had, on a different car, did the same thing.

I am a wiring god and I know for a fact that everything is hooked up properly... I think the Electronic Distributor that Accel makes just can't handle the drop out.

Anybody else?

Ryan

Ryan I had this issue with another brand of ECU last week. Have you by any chance talked to a tech person within the company to see if they could lead you in the correct direction?

Chris Macellaro