Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light

Ok... I put on a set on longtubes with a ORY.... I also re put in my O2 sensors *ones that go into the header itself* then I put 2 O2 SIMS where the ones after the cats would go.... I am still throwing a CHECK engine light over and over.... I keep clearing it every day.... code number P0135 and P1153... throwing them 2 times each *total of 4 codes a time* so what do I do???? should I put 2 O2 Sims int he current O2 sims on the header? will that fix? I need answers please
Old 01-24-2006, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

http://gearchatter.com/viewtopic9335...a300fcf0e222ad
http://gearchatter.com/viewtopic9373...a300fcf0e222ad
Here is what the codes are i have problems with my o2s from time to time they just dont like being farther away. The only way i can think to fix it is buy some wide bands and tunning softwear and run open loop all the time. Also o2 sims only work in the rear because the car expects just one flat signal from the rear o2s not a constantly changing one like the front o2s. Did you leave egr and air on? You should be throwing those codes too.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

so how exactly do I fix it.. to keep them from throwing
Old 01-25-2006, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

Only way to keep them from throwing that i know of with out getting wide bands is just to turn them off with tunning softwear.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1153 seems to be a lean indication
0153 is front O2, passenger side slow response

Do NOT turn the code off via tuning software... this is a front O2 and needed for regular operation (unless you want to run open loop all the time)

You can try swapping the front o2 sensors (swap passenger front with driver front), clear the codes, and see if the code follows the sensor... if it does then the sensor is lazy and needs to be replaced.

This can also be caused if you have an exhaust manifold leak on the passenger side... oxygen is being sucked in and tricking the sensor (or a leak right at the collector)

I believe that the front sensors are different lengths for passenger side and driver side (been a while since I've had mine out)... you can also just reuse one of your old rear sensors (use the one w/the longer wire) ... if the code still exists then it's likely a leak in the exhaust at the head or near the collector

Also, do NOT put your O2 simms inplace of the front (where the end of the headers are) O2 position... these O2 sensors are used for part throttle fuel learning and driveability. Right now setting the codes you are is tossing you into open loop all the time (aka since you're not tuned for open loop, **** poor fuel economy) ... try the above... make sure there aren't any leaks and make sure the o2 sensor is still good
Old 02-04-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Resident

ok... so what should I do... should I get 2 new O2 sensors? should I try swapping them with the back ones that arent on the car? or what... and how do I fix 1135.... if 1153 is passenger side... whats the 1135