Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SS4000 A4 not shifting at WOT and not stalling anymore

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS4000 A4 not shifting at WOT and not stalling anymore

So i figure i'm getting misfire detection from the obivious code being displayed,
Causing the converter not to lockup pretty much at all times. and not shifting at WOT bumping off the limiter, so figure i'll just disable the MFD seeing i've pretty much modified it enough so the cam wasn't a problem. I figured the converter was unlocking during shifts of wasnt locking completely at all... Doing this i set the MFD to min 142. and max 141. the converter then started to work correctly it's start looking up in gears and stay locked to a given speed and tps. I thought great it's working now. I haven't been able to test the stall out since i got it, want to make sure everything is working correctly.
i figured tranny seems good and work right under stock A4 tuning, and A/F is rich but good enough. i got test the the stall and see what she'll do; she stalls to a max 3400rpm and i release the brake she wants to pull out hard until the traction control goes on and bogs her done hard. (i forget to turn it off) i figured nothing would be wrong when doing a read upon another a guy leaves his TCS on to help give him better times. But anyhow this time around i turn it off and try again this time she wont stall to 3400 more like 2400 now she wont go any higher now and it feels alot tighter , it doesn't feel like it used to alot looser even drving around you almost cant tell i have a stall anymore it stilll seem to operate fine but wont stall as high and drivabilty has improved as far as looseness goes. and my car wont idle either any more. any ideas... could the TCS have damaged something or even the stall?

Last edited by DVCrazyCamTAWs6; 01-23-2006 at 09:54 PM. Reason: title
Old 01-24-2006, 04:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like the converter is now permanently locking. You need to log the PCM with a scan tool like HPTuners.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

yeah thats what it feels like too at more of a 50% margin of total lockup, i changed everything back to the way it was when the converter wasn't locking at all and well it feels the same except she's not completely locking up at cruising speeds, she'll unlock up top on peddle release or go through the limiter and not shift unless i release the peddle
Old 01-26-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Is your A4 built? Were you putting 600 rwhp through this same tranny with your old setup? I'd bet you trans is taking a ****. Happened to me a few months ago. No warning, no nothing. Just burnt up the 2nd and 4th gear clutch placks and band.

I hope I'm wrong, but you're saying the trans won't shift unless you let up, sounds exactly like what was happening to me.